Updated on April 13, 2016
1. Description of SSI’s Business.
Survey Sampling International, LLC (“SSI” and any reference to “SSI” or “us” or “we” or “our” shall include SSI’s parents, affiliates, and subsidiaries) provides sampling solutions and technology for survey research, and providing clients with access to consumer and business-to-business respondents via internet, telephone (both fixed/landline and wireless/mobile), postal and multi-mode methodologies. SSI serves a vast array of for-profit and not-for profit businesses, universities and governmental agencies and departments.
2. What type of information do we collect?
We collect the following information:
- Personally identifiable information (“PII”) which includes, without limitation, first and last names, email address, telephone number(s) (e.g., home, mobile, and business numbers), and residential address.
- Business contact information, including, without limitation, company name, job title, and department.
- Information on your employer or the company you represent.
- Information collected through automated means, includes, without limitation, IP address, browser type, operating system, referring URLs, information on actions or activities taken or engaged in on a website, and dates and times of website visits.
3. How we collect information.
- Information submitted or provided by you:
- Through or in connection with SSI’s corporate website(s), including, without limitation, www.surveysampling.com;
- Through or in connection with business meetings with actual or potential customers or clients;
- Through or in connection with promotions, meetings, events, and/or trade or industry shows or conferences sponsored by, hosted by, or attended by SSI and/or SSI’s employees, representatives, and/or agents; and
- Through telephone calls, email communications, and/or other forms of communication with you.
- Through inquiries, from requests for bids or quotes from SSI, and from orders for SSI’s services.
- Information collected from third parties
- Information collected through automated means:
- SSI Cookies. Cookies are small files that store certain data on a device or computer. SSI may use session and persistent cookies for several purposes including, without limitation, to enable you to use and transverse a website and quality control. Session cookies expire when you close your browser. Persistent cookies remain on your device or computer indefinitely until deleted. A user may disable and/or delete cookies via the user’s browser or otherwise, however, this may limit your use of a website, and/or decrease the functionality available to the user in connection with a website.
- Log Files. SSI’s websites may automatically gather and store certain information in log files, including, without limitation, data available from your web browser, including, without limitation, IP Address, browser type, internet service provider, referring/exiting pages, operating system, date/time stamp and click stream data.
- Cookie Notice: SSI values your privacy. Below please find a list of the cookies set or deployed by SSI and/or its service providers, partners, and/or subcontractors. For certain cookies no opt-out mechanism is provided.
- Essential Cookies:
- Analytics and Customization – Data Collection
- Provide, administer, and communicate with you about SSI’s products, promotions, services, events (e.g., webinars, etc.), newsletters, and industry expertise/knowledge (e.g., whitepapers, articles, etc.);
- Create, supplement, and update SSI’s directories and records for actual and/or potential suppliers, customers, and/or clients;
- Protect against and prevent fraud, claims, liabilities, and to manage risk exposure;
- Respond to inquiries and requests;
- Operate, evaluate, conduct, and improve SSI’s business (including, without limitation, to conduct and complete transactions for SSI’s products and/or services, to improve SSI’s current products and/or services, to develop new products and/or services, etc.);
- Process and manage opt-out or unsubscribe requests;
- Comply with applicable laws, regulations, codes, and industry standards and practices;
- Conduct marketing and market research activities including, without limitation,: (a) contacting you to participate in customer satisfaction surveys or questionnaires via telephone, email, or otherwise, and (b) soliciting your opinions or feedback on SSI’s business activities, including, without limitation, current and future products and services;
- Create and send targeted communications to you regarding you or your company’s transactions with SSI and/or the profile for your company;
- Respond to a subpoena or an order of a court or government agency;
- Establish, exercise, or defend legal claims, including, without limitation, in order to protect the safety of an individual or to protect SSI’s rights and/or property; and
- Evaluate your interest in employment and contact you regarding possible employment opportunities with SSI and/or any company within the SSI group of companies.
- We may disclose information about you: (i) if we are required to do so pursuant to applicable laws or legal or court process; or (ii) when we believe disclosure is necessary to prevent harm or financial loss, or in connection with an investigation of actual or suspected fraud or illegal activity.
- We reserve the right to transfer information about you in the event of a merger, acquisition, sale or other transaction involving SSI. In addition, we may transfer your information in the event of a change of control event. Following a transfer covered by this Sub-Section (iv) you may contact the entity to whom your information was transferred, with any inquiries concerning the processing of your information.
- clicking on the unsubscribe link contained in any e-mail communication received from SSI; or
- contacting us as set forth below.
- Sending an email request to firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Sending an email request to email@example.com;
- Sending a request via regular mail, postage pre-paid to:
Survey Sampling International, LLC
6 Research Drive
Shelton, Connecticut 06484 USA
Attention: Legal Department
SSI may collect information, including, without limitation, PII and business contact information, from third parties, including, without limitation, information service bureaus, data brokers, social media platforms, and/or industry conference or event organizers or sponsors. We may use the information collected from such third parties for various purposes, including, without limitation, sending you emails or other communications as described herein. In the event you receive such communications you will have the opportunity to opt-out of receiving communications from us.
|ASP.NET_SessionId||Session Cookie||No opt-out provided|
|Calltrk_referrer||Tracks the last website visited prior to landing on a website.||No opt-out provided|
|Calltrk_landing||Tracks the website or webpage landed on by the visitor.||No opt-out provided|
|Google Analytics (_utma)|| Analytics/measurement
|No opt-out provided|
|Google Analytics (_utmb)|| Analytics/measurement
|No opt-out provided|
|Google Analytics (_utmc)||Session Cookie –
|No opt-out provided|
|Google Analytics (_utmz)||Analytics/measurement
|No opt-out provided|
SSI’s Do Not Track Notice.
Do Not Track (“DNT”) is a preference in your browser that you can set to notify websites that you visit that you do not want the websites to collect certain information about you. SSI does not respond to DNT signals. If you object to SSI’s practice with regards to DNT signals, you are free not to visit SSI’s website.
4. How We Use the Information that We Collect.
We may use information, including, without limitation, PII and business contact information, to:
In the event that you provide SSI with any feedback, suggestions, and/or comments regarding SSI’s business activities, including, without limitation, regarding current and/or future products and/or services, SSI may use, apply, and implement such feedback, suggestions, and/or comments, at SSI’s discretion, and without notice to you, without any consent or approval from you, without any compensation to you, and/or without any attribution or credit to you, and you hereby irrevocably assign and transfer to SSI all right, title, and interest in and/or to any such feedback, suggestions, and/or comments.
5. How do we share your information?
We may share information, including, without limitation, PII and business contact information, as follows:
6. Where is Information Stored?
Information, including, without limitation, PII and business contact information, is primarily stored on servers and systems located in the United States, which servers are licensed, owned, and/or maintained by or on behalf of SSI. Your information may also be stored on or in local servers, networks, and files maintained by or on behalf of a company within the SSI Group of companies. BY DISCLOSING YOUR PII TO SSI YOU ARE EXPRESSLY CONSENTING TO THE TRANSFER AND EXPORTING OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION TO COUNTRIES OUTSIDE OF THE COUNTRY WHERE YOU MAY RESIDE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, TO THE UNITED STATES.
SSI complies with the principles set forth in the United States (“US”) – European Union (“EU”) and US – Swiss Safe Harbor Frameworks as set forth by the US Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use and retention of personal data from EU member countries and Switzerland. SSI has certified that it adheres to the Safe Harbor Privacy Principles of notice, choice, onward transfer, security, data integrity, access and enforcement. To learn more about the Safe Harbor program, and to view SSI’s certification page, please visit http://www.export.gov/safeharbor/.
7. What Security Measures Has SSI Implemented?
SSI maintains appropriate technical, administrative and physical safeguards to protect information, including, without limitation, PII, received or collected by SSI. SSI reviews, monitors and evaluates its privacy practices and protection systems on a regular basis. Notwithstanding the foregoing, transmissions over the Internet and/or a mobile network are not one hundred percent (100%) secure and SSI does not guarantee the security of such transmissions. SSI is not responsible for any errors by individuals in submitting PII to SSI.
8. How can I opt-out?
You may opt-out by:
9. How Can You Access Your Information?
You may access information we collect from or about you in order to review, edit, or delete such information, or you may exercise your right to opt-out from communications from SSI, by:
10. Children’s Privacy.
SSI believes it is important to protect the online privacy of children. Accordingly, SSI adheres to applicable laws and codes pertaining to the protection of children’s privacy, including, without limitation, the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 in the United States (as amended). SSI does not knowingly collect PII from anyone under the age thresholds prescribed by applicable laws and codes for the collection of PII from individuals without parental consent. If SSI became aware that it inadvertently collected PII from anyone under such age thresholds, SSI would promptly delete such PII.
11. How Long Does SSI Retain My Information?
SSI will retain PII and other information about you for such period of time as may be required or permissible by law.
Questions or Complaints Generally.
via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
via mail at:
Survey Sampling International, LLC
6 Research Drive, Shelton, Connecticut 06484 USA
p: (203) 567-7200/e: email@example.com
SSI has further committed to refer unresolved privacy complaints under the US-EU and US-Swiss Safe Harbor Privacy Principles to an independent dispute resolution mechanism, the CASRO SAFE HARBOR PROGRAM. If you do not receive timely acknowledgment of your complaint, or if your complaint is not satisfactorily addressed by SSI, please visit the CASRO SAFE HARBOR PROGRAM website at https://www.casro.org/?complaintcasrosh for more information and to file a complaint.
13. Are there any companies within the SSI group that may collect, store and process PII?
Yes, please see the list of companies below:
- Survey Sampling Europe BV – Weena 161, 3013 CK Rotterdam, Netherlands.
- Survey Sampling Bulgaria EOOD – Triaditza area, #82, Patriarh Evtimii street, 1463, Sofia, Bulgaria.
- SSI Denmark ApS – Frederiksholms Kanal 4B, DK-1220, Copenhagen K Copenhagen.
- Survey Sampling France SASU – 22 rue de Dunkerque, 75010 Paris, France.
- Survey Sampling Germany GmbH – Kaiserstrasse 13, 60311 Frankfurt am Main, Deutschland.
- Survey Sampling RO S.R.L. – 12 Popa Sapca Street, Timisoara 300057.
- Survey Sampling Spain S.L. – C/ Carranza, 25, 2ª planta, 28004, Madrid, Spain.
- SSI Sweden AB – Drakens Gränd 8, 111 30 Stockholm, Sweden.
- Survey Sampling UK Ltd. – India House, 2nd Floor 45 Curlew Street London SEI 2nd United Kingdom.
- Survey Sampling Hong Kong Ltd. – 6/F, Hollywood Centre, 233 Hollywood Road, Sheung Wan, Hong Kong.
- SSI Beijing Co. Ltd. – CBD International Mansion, Room 901A, No. 16 Yongandongli, Chaoyang District, Beijing 100022, China.
- Survey Sampling Australia Pty. Ltd. – Level 11, 131 York Street, Syndey NSW 2000, Australia.
- Survey Sampling Singapore PTE Ltd. – #58 Republic Plaza, 9 Raffles Place, Singapore 048619.
- Survey Sampling International Services Company S.De R.L. De C.V. – Cordoba 42, Piso 9, Col. Roma Norte/Del. Cuauhtemoc, Mexico, D.F. 06700.
- Survey Sampling Korea Ltd. – Level 4, 27-8, Gukjegeumyung-ro 8-gil Yeongdeungpo-gu, Seoul Korea 150-998.
- Survey Sampling Japan GK – 3F KK Building, I-8-5, Shinkawa, Chuo-Ku, 104-0033, Tokyo, Japan.
- SSI Do Brasil Pesquisa de Mercado Ltda. – Rua das Olimpiadas, 205 – 40 ander 04551-000, Sao Paulo, Brasil.
- SSI Philippines Inc. – PIPC Bldg 7, MEPZ II, Basak, Lapu-Lapu, Cebu 6015, Philippines.
- MRops Programming India Private Ltd. – 8th Floor, Block 1, My Home Hub, Madhapur, Hyderabad, TG 500081.
- Mountain West Research Center L.C.
- Survey Sampling Hungary Kft. – Lion Office Center, 2 Vágóhíd Street, 7th Building, 3rd floor, H-4030 Debrecen, Hungary.
14. Links To Other Websites.
SSI’s website(s) may contain or provide links to other websites for your convenience and information. These websites may operate independently from SSI. Linked sites may have their own privacy notices or policies, which we strongly suggest you review if you visit any linked websites. To the extent any linked websites you visit are not owned or controlled by SSI, SSI is not liable or responsible for the websites’ content, any use of the websites, or the privacy practices of the owners of the websites.